Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vegan Brownies from a Box

Yes!  You can make vegan brownies from a box.  Looks like a "normal" brownie.  Tastes like a "normal" brownie.  It is a normal brownie!


I was feeling lazy and needed to take something to a party.  The very first box I took off the grocery shelf contained only vegan ingredients!  I know I got lucky.  Some will contain milk products so read the ingredients carefully.


I used this Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate mix.  When making the brownies, I followed the directions on the box but substituted 1/2 cup applesauce for the 2 eggs. The general rule is 1/4 cup applesauce per egg.



After baking and cooling the brownies, I found it neccesary to refrigerate them for an hour in order to cut them without too much crumbling.  They did still fall apart a little but not badly.  Refrigerating them longer would probably be helpful.

These brownies were delicious fudginess!

No comments:

Post a Comment