Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eating Vegan in Delft, Holland

I ate a lot of pasta and pizza on this trip.  Sometimes, that is the only vegan option.

I enjoyed my meal at "Little Italy."  It is located at Markt 9-A, 2611 GP Delft.  I ordered the Espanol  Pizza but asked for no chorizo or cheese.  It was good - tomato sauce, artichokes, green and black olives, and jalapenos.  I also had the salad misto.  The pizza was 7 Euros but I can't remember how much the salad cost.



We had lunch at "Subway."  It is located at Markt 57.  I had the 6" Veggie Sandwich for 3 Euros.  It's easy and cheap compared to other restaurants and we didn't want to spend our sightseeing time trying to find another restaurant.


We really liked this restaurant!  "Cafe de Wijnhaven" is located at Wijnhaven 22.   Great food, service and atmosphere.


We started with Turkish bread and olive tapenade for 4 Euros.


I also ordered the Spaghetti with Artichokes, Spinach (it was actually arugula) and Garlic for 12.75 Euros.  Ask for no cheese.  I threw the left over tapenade in with the pasta.  It was delicious!



Delft was one of our favorite towns to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment