Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Easy and Elegant Vegan Dish

This elegant dish is SO easy.


 I used already prepared convenience foods.


Slice the polenta and saute in very little olive oil - one tablespoon should do it.  Flip after the first side is golden brown.  I like to cook it for a while so it is pretty firm.  In the meantime, pour the pasta sauce in a saucepan, heat it up and keep warm.  Put a couple slices each of the zucchini and eggplant on a microwave plate and zap until warm (2 minutes depending on your microwave).

Assemble by putting a large scoop of sauce on your plate.  Alternate adding a slice of polenta, eggplant, zucchini, a little sauce, a little cheese... and repeat.  I sprinkled some red pepper flakes and sliced basil on top but it isn't necessary.

My meat-eating husband liked it too.  I would serve this to guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment