Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

J's Tapas Has Great Vegan Options

I really enjoyed by my night at J's Tapas.  I went with a group of friends so we were able to order a lot of dishes.  Not pictured is the Baba Gannoush which was fantastic and gone before I got a picture.  I also liked a salad of leafy greens and green olives.  The paella was a regular size portion, not tapas size, so we all had some.  There are other vegan options such as: hummus, tabbouleh and fattouch.  J's Tapas has a really large menu and happy hour specials.  If you want a full dinner, Jonathan's is right next door and owned by the same people.

Here are some of the other vegan dishes we enjoyed:


Lumpia Rolls


Pickled Vegetable Plate


Vegetable Paella


Muhamarr

This last dish did not sound good to me when reading the menu, but it was incredible!  Everyone wanted it and dug in immediately.  It is blended chopped walnuts, bread crumbs, pomegranate molasses, cumin, and red pepper paste.  Really delicious.

The bartender took our orders and, since I was the only vegan in the group, he really made an effort to get it right.  One of the chefs even came out to check on us and answer any questions.  Oh... and they have a great martini menu too!

Here is a link to J's Tapas website: http://www.jonathansatpeiranos.com/jstapas.asp



No comments:

Post a Comment