Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Love Beans!

I love them a lot!  I am hooked on this bean recipe.  It is comfort food -- Italian style.  This is such a quick meal or side dish.  Instead of tomato sauce, I use a jar of store-bought marinara sauce.  I love the brands that have whole garlic cloves in the sauce.  The authentic recipe doesn’t use this much tomato sauce, but I like it saucy!  Use a white bean such as Great Northern or Cannellini.

White Beans in Tomato Sauce
2 T. olive oil
1 t. minced garlic
1 t. chopped sage
½ t. red pepper flakes
3/4 cup tomato sauce or marinara sauce
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper
Saute the garlic, sage and red pepper flakes in the olive oil for a minute or two.  Add the sauce, beans, salt, and pepper.  Simmer for 5 minutes.  Done!

1 comment: