Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

They Won't Know It's Vegan Artichoke Dip

I make the best artichoke dip!  Really... I do!  When I first went vegan, I missed cheese so much.  Most artichoke dips are loaded with cheese so I set about creating a recipe that I could love.  Chipotle seemed to be the answer.  The smoky flavor distracted me away from wanting cheese.  I buy a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and then just use the sauce part for this dip.

This artichoke dip is so delicious!  My friends don't even know it's vegan until I tell them.  And, I love to tell them.


Artichoke Dip
2 - 14 oz. cans artichokes, drain well and chop
1/4 cup roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
1 T. olive oil
2 leeks, just the white and light green sections
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup Vegenaise
2 t. chipotle adobo sauce
Salt to taste

Saute thinly sliced leeks and garlic in olive oil until tender.  Mix in the rest of the ingredients and transfer to microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 3 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.  Trader Joe's Pita Bite Crackers are really good with this dip also.


1 comment:

  1. Another one to add to the tasting list! Looks and sounds good...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete