Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Convenient Vegan Food

I recently visited one of my family members for a week.  Near the end of the visit, she said, “I could become vegan if it were more convenient.”  Well, I was a tad angry.  I wanted to yell, “It’s not about you!  It’s about the animals and the environment.  Activism isn’t convenient!  You have to make an effort if you believe in something.  After my bitter moment passed, I starting thinking about how I could make it convenient for her.  There are so many convenience foods out there in grocery and specialty stores.  Everybody needs some “go-to” foods when they are feeling lazy.

 Today’s convenient food is from Trader Joe’s --  “Misto alla Griglia.”  This marinated grilled eggplant and zucchini is kept in the freezer.  To make a sandwich, I use two pieces of eggplant and three zucchini slices.  Just microwave it for two minutes and then put in on nice crusty bread with Vegenaise, roasted red peppers, tomato, and arugula.  YUM!  Seriously, this is fabulous and easy.  Guests are always impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment