Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Sidecar Restaurant Likes Vegans

Last night, I went to the Sidecar Restaurant in Ventura.  Fabulous!  My meat-eating friends loved it and I loved it.  They have a great vegan choice on the menu but there was also a vegan "special of the day."  It was incredible!  Seared tofu cooked in coconut milk served on a bed of sauteed mushrooms and baby bok choy.  Crispy leeks topped the dish.  It really had incredible flavor.  I also had the mixed green salad which was topped with strawberries, sugared walnuts and a meyer lemon vinaigrette.  Ask the waiter to leave off the goat cheese.  It was delicious.

If you are local, please give it a try.  The waiter and cooks go out of their way to make you happy.  Check out their link:  http://www.thesidecarrestaurant.com/

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite restaurants in Ventura! This dish looks yummy...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete