Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Monday, February 21, 2011

SugarBeets Restaurant in Oxnard

My husband and I went to SugarBeets the other day and I'm not sure what to think about the experience.  They have vegan options on the menu so I think the owner wants to cater to us.  But, I'm not sure the chef is on board.

I had the soup special which was Carrot Ginger.  It was excellent!


However, the Roasted Vegetable Sandwich was awful.  It tasted so horrible, I had to dissect it.  I found out the portabella mushroom was burned to charred flecks.  When I removed it from the bread my finger nails were filled with black ash that I couldn't get out for quite a while.  I don't know why the chef would have served this meal.  The mushroom had to have fallen into the ashes.  I was pretty disturbed.


The sandwich looked pretty good and the sweet potato fries were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment