Loving the environment and all it's creatures!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roasted Jalapenos

I'm going to a vegan-potluck and fondue party this weekend.  I'm trying to think of items to contribute.  I'm definately bringing these roasted jalapenos that my friend, Vina, makes for parties.  So Easy!  Chop off the caps and cut in half lengthwise.  Scrape out the seeds and membrane.  In a bowl, mix the jalapenos with a little vegetable oil, salt and pepper.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and spread the jalapenos on the tray.  Bake at 400 degrees until they have some black areas.  I stir them around a bit about halfway through cooking.  Cook time varies but check them after 20 minutes.

I love these roasted jalapenos all by themselves.  It's like candy to me.  They are not very spicy after the roasting process.  Roasted jalapenos are a great addition to veggie sandwiches and wraps. I bet they will be good dipped in fondue pots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment